The Virtual Fire Hydrant

Please Help Us Find Blue: His Family Misses Him!

HULA Certification

HULA Certificate

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lucas

While Mama and I were working on this blog a little while ago, we came across a link to a news story that made water leak out of Mama's eyes, and made the rest of us woo.

Lucas is a handsome black and white Sibe in McMinniville, Tennessee. He's only a little over a year old, and has been being tortured by his owner for some time. The bone around his eyesocket has been fractured, and 30 of his teeth were filed down so much that the nerves are exposed and bleeding. He'll never be able to eat normally, and will always have to have soft foods. But he's still a sweet, sweet boy. Someone finally saw his owner beating him, and saved him from the...well, I can't think of any words bad enough to describe a human like that. Mama has a lot of words that might cover it, but I'm not allowed to use that kind of language.

Anyway, that's when all of this was discovered. Poor boy. The people who have him now are going to try and save as many of his teeth as they can, and pull the ones that can't be saved. I hope he gets a really good home after everything he's been through.

They say it will cost thousands of dollars to help this baby, and they are asking for donations to be sent to:

Sparta Road Veterinary Clinic
4021 Sparta Hwy.
McMinnville, TN 37110

Donators are asked to specify that they want their donations to be used for Lucas' medical expenses.

The police in McMinniville have put out a warrant to arrest Lucas' owner on cruelty charges. We are praying very hard that they get him.

So all you Sibes and other dogs out there that have been rescued and wound up with humans that love you, tonight let your biped family have extra cuddles with you to thank them for being good to you.

Woos until next time,
Thor, LeeLee, Smoky, and Bandit

7 woos:

The Daily Echo said...

We'll be praying real hard tonight that the person responsible is caught. We're sending an extra pile of Sibe Vibes Lucas's way so that he knows his nightmare is over and will only experience love from now on.
ECHO

Bama said...

Mama can't stop her leaky eyes either. The rest of us are SO mad, we just want to bite this guy! Thank woo for letting us know though, as much as it hurts, now we can do our little bit to help him, mama's got the checkbook out.
Kisses,
Bama & the RHP

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Some day, stoopid people will get theirs -

And the good ones will get US!!

Thanks for sharing the story - my mom khaught this on our lokhal news last night - made Mom sad then and again now -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

PeeEss: new blog looks great!

Kapp pack said...

Such a sad story! We hope that from this point on this poor boy has the life he deserves!

Dakota said...

We're sending Sibe Vibes to Lucas. He's safe now and we will keep him that way!

Hey, I nominated you guys for an award! Stop by my blog to see.

Anonymous said...

Hi y'all! I'm Lucas and I have been with my new family in NC since February 16, 2009. I am a very happy boy, have 15 other Sibes to play with and two parents who have given me a great place to live.

Barnett was convicted on January 15 and sentenced yesterday (2/11/09) to, as we understand it, 11 mo 29 days in jail of which he must serve 75 days. The rest will be on probation. He has to pay the Humane Society $5000 and go to anger management classes as well. He is also banned from owning animals. There may be more but I am not sure.

I wish to thank everybody for all of your support over the past year. I wish I could do it in person. You can visit me (and the rest of us kids at: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/925345

Anonymous said...

Hey folks! Sorry, but I goofed. I have been with my new family since January 16, 2009, not February 16. Sorry.

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty